• Is there tax on my package?
    Yes, there is tax that applies to all packages.
    Tax is 13% with half rebated back from the Canadian Government.
  • Is my tax refund in US or Canadian Funds?
    You will receive a form at camp to fill out and send into the Canadian Government for your tax rebate (half of the tax paid). A check in Canadian funds will be mailed to you, which your bank will figure the exchange amount into U.S. funds.
  • Why is the price the same if we choose to drive ourselves instead of taking the bus package?
    Parties who drive to lodge are allowed to arrive 1 day earlier (Saturday at 2:00 PM) than the bus (Sunday 7:00 AM) and leave 1 day later (Saturday by 9:00AM). You will be able to fish as much as 7 more hours, have 2 more nights at the lodge and Saturday supper in the dining room as compensation for driving.
  • Do you provide life jackets?
    Yes we do.
  • Do you supply towels and bedding?
    Yes we provide a daily towel change and all bedding.
  • Are purchases at the lodge in US or Canadian funds?
    All purchases at the lodge are in US funds.
  • Do you sell fishing tackle?
    Yes, we have a well-stocked tackle shop at the lodge.
  • If we are on the Housekeeping Plan, can we buy an occasional meal in the dining room?
    Yes, some advance notice is required however.
  • Where can I get a lake map?
    We sell Fishing Hot Spots maps at the lodge. The new version with GPS coordinates costs $12.00 + tax.You can also call them direct at 1-800-338-5957.
  • Do you take credit cards at the lodge for purchases?
    Yes, we accept Visa and Mastercard for purchases of $20.00 and over.
  • Are there any special size restrictions on the fish we catch?
  • Where can we get up to date weather forecasts?
    On this website, click on Weather Forecast.
  • Can we bring leeches or nightcrawlers into Canada?
    You can no longer bring leeches into Canada. You can bring nightcrawlers provided they are packed in worm bedding not dirt.
  • What form of identification should I have with me?
    Starting June 2009 PASSPORTS are required to return to the states from Canada. Also photo ID such as a drivers license. Persons under 18 years old not with an adult should have a letter of permission from a parent. Also, children traveling with someone other than a parent should have a letter of permission from a parent.
  • How much liquor can we bring across the border?
    Each person of legal age (19 years old in Ontario) can bring 1 case of beer (24 x 355 ml) or 40 ounces of liquor.
  • How much tobacco can we bring into Ontario?
    Persons of 19 years or more can bring with them 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 2 lbs. of loose tobacco.
  • Do we need to bring a cooler for our fish?
    Drive in parties must bring their own cooler for fish to be transported back home in. Bus parties do not.
  • If someone gets ill, how far is a hospital?
    The town of Dryden has a hospital. It is about 30 minutes away.
  • How are the seats assigned on the bus?
    Seats are assigned front to back in the order in which we receive deposits, however some people request seating at the back of the bus or front.
  • Is there smoking allowed on the bus?
    No, smoking is not allowed on the bus but we do make several stops en-route for smokers to step out and light up.
  • How much luggage can I bring on the bus?
    Each person can bring a large duffel bag or soft sided suitcase for clothes, a large tackle box or 2 smaller ones, a rod case for fishing rods, a small duffel bag and a small cooler for snacks and beverages (the last 2 are carry on items). We also recommend a small pillow for inside the bus.
  • How do I bring my medications into Canada?
    Keep them in their original containers and do not consolidate them into fewer containers.
  • How can I contact Canada Customs if I have a question?
    You can call them at 1-800-461-9999.